Situated in the centre of Manchester’s business district, 40 Spring Gardens is a 100,000 sq ft landmark office building of impressive stature with outstanding design features.
The atrium acts as a focal point for the entire building, flooding floors with natural light.
Its well-organised layout with highly specified components allows occupiers to benefit from its subtle efficient capabilities and financial savings.
The building design allows occupiers to combine a high quality workplace with occupational efficiency/cost savings.
- Customer facing reception with concierge service
- 4 x 17-person passenger lifts and 1 x 1000 kg goods lift serving all floors
- High-quality internal finishes
- Intelligent security system
- Excellent natural light with feature atrium
- 79 basement car parking spaces on two levels (ratio – 1: 1,258 sq ft)
- Dedicated building service loading bay from Brown Street
- Diverse cable entry points and distribution risers – for choice and security
- There are up to 40 cycling spaces with associated storage facilities available in the basement at 40 Spring Gardens.
- The building is managed to accredited ISO14001 environmental standards
- Large open plan office floor plate up to 12,003 sq ft (1,115 sq m).
- 4-pipe air conditioning system linked up to the intelligent Building Management System.
- The Mechanical and Electrical system is built to a base occupancy ratio of 1 person to 8 sq m. The design criteria can accommodate up to 1:6.5 sq m occupancy.
- Suspended metal ceiling tile with LG 7 compatible lighting.
- Office floor-to-ceiling height 2.8m.
- 150mm raised floors.
- Structural Grid – variable: 7.2m x 7.2m, 9m x 7.2m.
- Planning Module Grid 1.8m x 1.8m. ‘Very Good’ BREEAM rating.
- Grade A specification matches and exceeds the British Council for Offices Standard for Construction.
sq m open plan office floor plate
sq ft open office floor plate
mm raised floors
Basement Car Parking Spaces
40 Spring Gardens has an enhanced design specification which provides occupiers with complete flexibility to handle the workplace revolution which provides a sustainable solution to use the space efficiently at various densities and complete control for changes within their business. The Mechanical and Electrical system is built to a base occupancy level of 1:8, therefore 140 persons can comfortably occupy 12,000 sq ft with the ability to upgrade this to 1:6.5 allowing up to 172 persons in 12,000 sq ft. This enhanced level of mechanical and electrical engineering which is unprecedented in Manchester allows you to:-
Occupy at a higher density in comfort
Hassle free upgrades if your workplace demands change
Flexibility to rearrange, sub-divide and future proof your business needs
The workplace is evolving. You can be 35% more efficient with your workspace at 40 Spring Gardens.
|Building||Occupational Density (Person:M²)||Number of Work Stations Required||Area Required||Total Property Cost (Per Sq Ft)**||Total Cost (Per Annum)||Cost Per Work Station (Per Annum)||Total Saving (Per Annum)||Total Saving|
|New Development (typical grade A)||1:10||140||15, 069||£47.20||£711,257||£5,080||–||0%|
|40 Spring Gardens||1:8||140||12, 056||£47.20||£569,043||£4,065||£142,214||20%|
|40 Spring Gardens *||1:6.5||140||9, 795||£47.20||£462,324||£3,302||£248,933||35%|
*Subject to enhanced works **Total property costs are grade A estimates only and assumes comparable rent, service charge and business rates.
SCHEDULE OF AREAS
|FLOOR||SQ FT||SQ M||CAR PARKING SPACES|
|8th||Lloyds Banking Group|
|7th||Lloyds Banking Group|
|4th||Aldermore Bank Plc|
|3th||Aldermore Bank Plc|
|Ground (retail)||Beermoth, Hervia and Evelyn’s|